October started off with my mom coming to visit for a week. I scored an awesome deal ($5!) on tickets to the Great Wolf Lodge indoor Water Park, so Ashley, Brigham, Clarisa, Arden, Easton, Mimi and I spent the day there. I will say that I am glad I didn't spend more. Arden and Brigham were really too little to enjoy it and it's not as big as they make it seem. I'd say it's best for 6-11 year olds.
The next day, I was delivering a meal to a lady who had a miscarriage. Well my car wouldn't start as I was leaving, so she got her neighbor to jump me off (I just need to add that this was my first time meeting the lady so I was pretty embarrassed!) Derek works five minutes away, but I couldn't get in touch with him. He finally called me about 30 minutes later as I was almost home. He told me to go get a battery before going home. I was two miles passed our neighborhood and my car just shut off. While driving. It was great. Luckily my car was still under warranty and had roadside assistance. After waiting about 20 minutes and watching the zillion cars drive by and just slow down and stare, a sweet man stopped to help. The first thing he asked was if I had any gas. I could help but laugh thinking about my mom. He was on his way to a meeting, but went back home to get jumper cables. He jumped me off and it started back up but quickly shut off again. He jumped me again and told me to keep his cables in case it happened again. Of course it did, but a friend from church happened to see me and stayed with me until the tow truck came.
I was only 2 miles from home. I could have walked, but someone had to be there when the truck came. I really had to get home to feed Easton (LUCKILY I did not have the kids with me since my mom was here.) I was trying to figure out how to tell my mom how to unfold the double stroller and how to walk towards me so I could meet her half way. My mom is directionally challenged and I just knew trying to talk her through opening the stroller would be a waste of my precious phone battery.
I was calling Derek every 30 seconds with no luck. I sent him multiple texts and voice mails telling him to 'leave work now. I need to feed Easton and my car is dead.'
I finally got home a little after 8PM and a few minutes later Derek calls. First thing he says? "What's up?" Thinking he was referring to where exactly am I so he can come rescue me, I respond, "Well I'm home now." He says, "Yeah I know that. Did you get a battery?" Me-"Huh? WHAT? No, I didn't get a battery. Did you not see your 78 missed calls from ME and the voice mails, and the texts?!" No. Of course not.
I just so happened to have an appt for service that I made that morning for the next day on my car because all of the lights on the dash suddenly lit up.
There was an oil leak that messed up a few things and stripped the starter. Luckily all covered under warranty minus the battery. Unfortunately their loaner car wasn't available for a few days and my car wouldn't be ready for two days. Would have been fine, but I had plans to drive to Durham to visit my cousin Russie (Don't you just love her name?!) so I had to rent a car.
Russie had a chemo treatment at Duke the week my mom was in town, so it was perfect timing. As soon as the kids woke up, we loaded them up and headed for the highway. At that point Arden would not use 'big potties' so I brought her potty chair too. Easton did surprisingly well the whole trip. He hates being in his car seat, but he fell asleep for his nap with no problems and slept until we were about 20 minutes away from their hotel.
It was much fun catching up with Russie and her husband, Pat. The last time I saw them, I was 12 or 13! I unfortunately did not have my camera on the trip. We visited for about 2-3 hours then came back home. Russie is so upbeat and has such a bubbly personality and infectious smile!
Arden did not go potty one time on the trip. She went before we left home, and then at 6PM when we got back! Bladder of steel. Arden and Easton both napped on the way home. For some reason, I just don't think he would be that good again.
The following week, Derek's mom came for a visit.
Our neighborhood had a fall festival with those blow up things and after a few times down the big slide with mom and dad, Arden went up by herself!
November 14 was Easton's first time swinging! He LOVED it! It was a beautiful day too.
Oh my gosh he's so cute!
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family.
Arden said she wanted to feed Easton....Hmmm....
The End.




5 comments:
Ok, so where it says "we spend Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family" and then shows Arden eating a giant piece, I was thinking that I did not remember seeing her do that and I did not remember being Easton being in a high chair behind her. ha ha. I quickly realized that was actually at your house and you could barely give our wonderful Thanksgiving the time of day :)
Love to see the grandkids having fun on the swings! Sending hugs ~
😒
Easy now....
Post a Comment